Monday, January 7, 2013

Make sure to have good sources/how to avoid being scammed

Just a quick PSA. When you are buying anything (but especially electronics), you need to be careful to avoid:

  • Having your credit card info stolen
  • Not having your product arrive
  • Having a broken product arrive
A few things I do to avoid said problems:
  • Pay via Paypal whenever possible (so they can't steal your data, or charge you extra)
  • Check out the company beforehand
    • Is the deal too good to be true?
    • Is the company/seller in China (I'm not trying to be offensive, but the fact is that stuff from China is likely to be lower quality. It just is.)
    • Do they have a phone number you can call if you have problems? (In general, a phone call will deal with any problems much faster than using email)
    • Do they have a return/refund policy?
    • Can you find other people who have used that site?
  • When the item arrives, I do a full check/scan (depends on what I'm buying), so I can report any problems quickly.
I hope these tips help!

No comments:

Post a Comment